(Applicable to Users in the United States of America)
Last Updated: June 13, 2016
We are not responsible for the content on, or privacy practices of, any non-SAALT.net web site to which the Site links or that links to the Site.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
SAALT, and any third parties acting under SAALT’s authorization, will not collect any personal information about you except when specifically and knowingly provided by you. Examples of information you will be asked to provide include your name, age, email address, education level, and personal financial information (including net income, wealth, savings patterns, and expected age of retirement). At your election, we may also collect information to more accurately estimate your expected future financial flows, including down payments on a home, childhood educational expenses, and pension income. Examples of ways in which we may collect such information from you include the following:
- Personally Identifying Information.
Registration and Ordering. Before using certain parts of the Site or the Services, you must at minimum provide your name, age, email address, and create a security password. When registering, you will be prompted to provide certain personal information, depending on the applicable registration form, including, but not limited to, your name, age, income, wealth, and risk preference. In addition, you may also be asked to provide your country of residence, so we can comply with applicable laws and regulations, and your gender. These kinds of personal information are generally used to provide the Services and SAALT Offerings, to communicate with you about the Site, and for internal data modeling.
Email Addresses. Some areas of the Site allow you to enter your email address for purposes including, but not limited to: registering for a particular service or activity, or opening a SAALT account. If you choose not to provide your email address when prompted, you may not be able to engage in some or all of those activities.
- Non-Personally Identifying Information.
Log information. When you access the Site our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. This log information, which is independent of any financial or other personal information provided by you to the Site, is not linked to your personal information unless you have otherwise provided such information to us. Third parties may also use tracking technologies such as web beacons, images, scripts and cookies to track information in the aggregate on our Site for analytics purposes. SAALT does not control these third-party technologies and their use is governed by the privacy policies of third parties using such technologies. For more information about third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use these technologies, see www.aboutads.info/consumers, and to opt-out of such ad networks’ and services’ advertising practices, go to www.aboutads.info/choices.
Cookies. Like most other websites, SAALT uses cookie technology throughout the Site. A cookie is a small removable data file that is stored by your web browser on your computer which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are used to provide customers with tighter security, customized content and tracking of orders or requests. SAALT uses both session and persistent cookies on the Site; session cookies expire at the end of a particular visit to our Site, while persistent cookies (also called stored cookies) remain active until you disable them through your browser settings, or until a pre-set expiration date. Unfortunately, customers who turn off cookies in their browser settings will not be able to use all of the functions of the Site.
SAALT may disclose your information as follows:
- We may be required to disclose such information in response to subpoenas, court orders, requests from law-enforcement officials, or if we are otherwise required to disclose such information by law.
- As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a company sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event, the personal information and other information you provide to us or that we have gathered about you may be part of the transferred assets.
- SAALT may use your personal data on a non-anonymized basis for a variety of purposes, including, without limitation, to determine user-specific and aggregate usage patterns on the Site, to improve the functionality and usefulness of the Site, and to analyze user-specific and aggregate investment behavior. SAALT may also share your personal data on a non-anonymized basis with our subsidiaries and other affiliated companies, and with other vendors and business partners, including marketing partners, with whom we may work from time to time. Such business partners may include companies who provide business services to us or on our behalf, monitor Site activity, serve Site content, help to maintain our customer database or provide Services, and administer e-mails, surveys or other functions. Because SAALT is fundamentally an academic research project, SAALT may also publish academic studies, examine investment behavior, develop or improve new and existing academic investment models and computer algorithms, and create new investment-related products and services that rely, in whole or in part, on personal data provided or generated by users of the Site.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
Our servers use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an advanced encryption technology that works with many internet browsers.
SSL is considered the industry standard and is among the leading software available to encrypt online transactions. Your personal information is encrypted so that it cannot be read as it is transmitted over the Internet. Regardless of these efforts, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, any information you transmit to us is sent at your own risk.
You agree that your information will be held by SAALT, SAALT staff and third parties working for SAALT inside and outside the United States.
We do not intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of eighteen. If we become aware that we have collected personally identifiable information from a user of the Site who is under the age of eighteen, we will remove that child’s personal information from our files.
OPT OUT / CORRECTIONS
Upon your request, we will: (a) correct or update your personal information; (b) stop sending emails to your email address; and/or (c) disable your account. You can make these requests by sending an email to SAALT’s Customer Support department at email@example.com. Please clearly label the subject line “Opt Out / Corrections,” and do not email any sensitive information.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may continue to contact you for the purpose of communicating information relating to your request for SAALT Offerings, and to respond to any inquiry or request made by you, as applicable. To opt-out of receiving SAALT Offerings-related, and inquiry response-related messages from SAALT, you must cease requesting and/or utilizing the SAALT Offerings, and cease submitting inquiries to SAALT, as applicable.
OFFLINE COLLECTION, USE & DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
QUESTIONS AND FEEDBACK
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please click here to view the TOU, which explain other terms and conditions governing our Site and associated SAALT Offerings.